To get the most out of Privowny App, you need to make sure you’re always logged in and that you’ve configured the mobile apps properly.
After installing Privowny App Chrome or Firefox Browser Extension there are no steps you need to take to set it up. Once registered, you are good to go but you will want to confirm you’re logged in. Look in the top right corner of your browser. If the OI icon is orange, then you know you’re logged in; if the OI icon is grey you’re logged out (click on the icon to log in).
When you first log in, you’ll be walked through a series of steps to configure the app, follow the prompts (these are important):
- Grant Privowny Accessibility permissions - this setting allows Privowny to understand your browsing context, find information you need to log in or register and store useful information you leave behind.
- Activate Privowny Keyboard - this setting enables the Privowny Keyboard which lets you easily register and log in to your favorite websites or apps and save, store and encrypt your sensitive data in your Managers.
When you first log in you’ll see two notification cards on the top of the screen, click on them and follow the prompts:
- Privowny Autofill (only available for iOS 12) - this feature retrieves login credentials for you in order to fill online forms automatically directly from the top of the iOS keyboard.
- Privowny Extension for Safari - this feature enables a Safari for iOS action extension, which you can use to generate and securely store passwords and other sensitive data when using Safari for iOS.
- Biometric authentication - By using the fingerprint sensor or facial recognition, you will no longer need to type your Master Password every time you want to access sensitive data such as your passwords. Visit the settings menu (found via the gear icon on the top right of the Dashboard screen) to enable this feature.