Our application is designed to support Mozilla Firefox (57+) and Google Chrome (64+).
- Search by companies or alias email addresses
- Identify spammers and their enablers
- Allow or stop receiving emails
- Delete an alias email address
Where can I find it?
To access the Main menu, click on the OI logo next to your browser’s navigation bar (top right). It is the same logo as the orange one shown below.
If you can't find the Toolbar, go in the Main menu and check in your Settings, under Privowny App Components. You might have chosen to hide it…
- Position your mouse on top of the @ --> it turns green.
- Click on it
The Alias Manager opens up and displays the alias you created and related information:
What is an alias email address? It is an alternate email address that is designed to protect your personal email address (i.e. shield your real identity). It can be used as a one-time disposable address, as a PO box for a project or to create a buffer between the real you and spammers, hackers, identity thieves, etc. You can create as many of them as you want.
From the Alias Manager, you can:
Search by companies or alias email addressesSearch by companies or alias email addresses
The Alias Manager is your window into the making of your inbox: who are the senders, where did they get your address from, who shares (sells?) your information…
You will be able to trace spam back to the website where you originally provided the alias email address. As you regularly check your Manager you will find yourself in control of what is making its way into your inbox. Now you can play the game too!
- Click on the arrow next to a company name to expand the list of aliases used on a website
- Click on the arrow next to an alias to expand the list of senders who use that alias
- Position your mouse on the row you wish to act on
- Click on the toggle to block emails (red means stop) or allow them (green means go)
- Click on the check box
- Click on the "Trash" icon
- Enter your Master Key to confirm it's you
Your Master Key is a sequence of characters that you created and that you and only you know. It is used to decrypt the sensitive data saved in your Managers. We also use it to authenticate your identity when you decide to delete sensitive data.
From the toolbar, you can:
- Click on the "+" icon
- No second step, that's it!
We generate an alias email address for you and enter it in the email address field. As easy as it sounds.
Oh, and if you ever need to remember this address (to log in to the website for example, as aliases can also be used as User IDs when you need an alternate email address for a login) look at the steps to follow below.
- Go to the website
- Click on the ">" icon
- Click on the email address field to trigger the Autofill
The alias email address you used to register is then automatically entered into the appropriate field. If you created multiple alias email addresses for one website you will then be asked to choose the appropriate one from a list.