- Add a new alias email to safeguard your identity
- Search by company
- Identify spammers and their enablers
- Allow or stop receiving emails
- Delete an alias email address
- Generate an alias email address when you register and save it in your Alias Managers
- Mix your own credentials with generated ones OR use yours and save them in your Password and Alias Managers
What is an alias email address? It is an alternate email address that is designed to protect your personal email address (i.e. shield your real identity). It can be used as a one time email address or as a PO box to create a buffer between the real you and spammers, hackers, identity thieves, etc. You can create as many of them as you want.
Where can I find it?
- Tap on the company name
The Alias Manager opens up and displays the alias email addresses and the information that relates to them:
From the Alias manager, you can:
- Tap on the big green "+" button (bottom right) --> It opens a new screen
- Enter the company name
- Tap on the save button
We'll automatically generate an alias email address for you and save it in the Alias Manager. Just give this alias email to the seller and keep your primary email address safeguarded. As easy as it sounds!
For now, you can only search by company.
The Alias Manager is your window into the making of your inbox: who are the senders, where did they get your address from, who shares (sells?) your information…
You will be able to trace spam back to the website where you originally provided the alias email address. As you regularly check your Manager you will find yourself in control of what is making its way into your inbox. Now you can play the game too!
- Tap onto the arrow on the left side to expand the emails received for an alias email address
- Tap onto the toggle to allow emails (green color) or block emails (red color)
- Tap on "Edit"
- Select the alias email you wish to remove
- Tap on the "Trash" icon
- Enter "Yes" to confirm your choice
Register with Privowny App
Tap on the "Share" icon
Find and tap on the OI logo
Registration form duplicated for the website
Generate an alias email address
Here it goes again… You are on a website and you want to register an account. Nothing unusual really, but if you want to safeguard your identity while you're registering:
- Tap on the email address input field
- Tap on "Create a new alias email" and enter your own password
- Save them into your account and automatically fill the website form
Generate a strong password
- Tap in the password input field
- Tap on the "+" icon
Generate a customized password
Some websites are quite picky about the kind of passwords they allow their users to register with. Fair enough, we've got you covered.
- Tap in the password input field
- Click on the "-o--" icon
- Choose the sequence of characters that meets the requirements (length, symbols, uppercases, etc.)
- Tap on the "Save and Fill" button
Mix your own credentials with generated ones OR use yours and save them in your Password and Alias Managers
1. Tap on the "Share" icon
2. Find and tap on the OI logo
3. Fill the Privowny App registration form
- Enter your own email address and tap "Generate" or "Customize" password OR
- Tap on "Create new alias email" and enter your own password OR
- Enter your own email address and password
- Tap onto "Save and Fill" button